Sunday, May 21, 2006

Trigger...

Yesterday I needed something to clean my earrings before butting them on so I found this nail polish remover...it is mostly alcohol...after I returned it back to it's place I took another look at it...what the hell it's doing on the shelf over my bed?!!!...it so does not belong there!!...
That's when it hit me all over again...the dates on that bottle 1998-2002...O' MY GOD it's expired 4 years ago...I put it there myself to remind me that one day I might wanna stop biting my nails n' put some nail polish...how some stupid object can trigger so many bad memories...i just quieted everything was in my hands...
It was my cousin's wedding party(not to mention that we were so close n' she was 15 at that time n' I was crying the whole time) my mom challenged me and we had a bet that she would buy me some nail polish if I can manage to grow my nails...well that was the year 1998...at the end I lost the bet but I used my charm n' she bought me not one but two transparent and pearly white...i gave away the first to a younger cousin n' kept the other it's dry now n' look disgusting...but I kept it anyway...I started this awful habit the year 1996 now 10 years latter I take a look at my bloody swollen ugly finger nails n' cant help but to tell myself what the hell is wrong with u?!...i thought u r much stronger than that!...

3 comments:

Cute NK2 said...

You are strong girl.. just put two and three together on your fingers.. this is not so hard... I had that habbet and I was frightened to death from it over a story I read when I was 6.. I'll lend you that story then ?? ;P

Anonymous said...

I left a comment before on your blog when I saw Hitler's quotation, I have to apologize for my mistake because I didn't pay attention that it was a "quote of the day" thing, so please accept my apology! I am a Syrian living abroad; I miss Syria so much, or let's say, I miss some people and some places there, not all of it and not everyone :):)
I have found your blog lately and started reading it; very nice blog!
Ah, Yes, one more thing, you know what? I like the Smurfs A LOT:):) So i was laughing so much when I saw the nick name "Shark" and that little blue sweet smurf
with wings, well done!
Thank you for your nice answer and polite one; I wish most Syrians (I would not say all of course) had the same manners you do!
Good luck

P.S Sorry, I left the same comment on another post! I should get more sleep or drink less:)

Sharks said...

hehe Dadeneh thanks!...well don't tell me it's the story that if u eat ur nails they'll grow inside ur stomach and u'll die?!...It won't hurt to read it anyhow :)...thank u dear...

Hey Mazen!...thanks for ur nice words n' don't worry about it...i really appreciate it...where abroad do u live?!...
hehe well polite is the last word i expect to hear from anyone especially here :D...